Indie game devlog
Hello and welcome to this indie game devlog.
I hope you are all doing well in these times. Above all staying healthy and happy is the most important thing.
But not only that, it is also important to stay with things we love to do.
One of the things I love to do is developing video games.
I am very excited to release the next “Oh my Zombie” Version 0.015.
You can download your personal free demo version here:
Try it out and please give me some feedback on the new game mechanics.
Your opinion and feedback will be highly appreciated.
If you want to show me some support, you can do so by subscribing to my Youtube Channel.
So don’t miss any of my development videos, I am glad to share my whole game dev experience with you.
To sum it up, I want to let you know about the development process I’ve been going through the last weeks.
As always there are several new features in the new version, which I am naming in the list below.
indie game devlog Oh my Zombie Version 0.015: changelog
- PukeAttack: made shure enemy can’t get damage from particles twice.
- Made shure player can’t jump when his health is zero.
- EnemyRadar: make shure dead enemys are not getting tracked.
- Made shure the player cant eat when health is zero.
- The colliders of dead enemys are getting disable now.
- Extended the demo level with lots of places to explore.
- Perck: The game now includes hunger. The zombie needs to eat enemies after a certain period of time to fill his stomach.
If he doesn’t do that, he looses health over time and starves to death.
- Attack: The puke attack – which deliveres lots of damage to the enemy by the vomit – empties the players stomach now.
- Collectibles: Scrape the enemy remains in bones and skulls, and pick them up.
- Collectibles: Each enemy will now drop a random amount of pills when he dies. They will serve as a currency later on.
- UI: Added a inventory system, where picked up items can be stored.
- Enemy AI: Added a field of enemy sight to it’s behavior.
- Added a inventory to the player, items can be collected, used and dropped.
- Unlocking skills is now removing required skulls from the inventory.
- The throw-bone-attack is now consuming bones from the inventory.
- Enemys have now a area of sight, which within they will detect and hunt down the player.
Take care, yours Tobi